2011-12-29

The Memory of one Polycystic Kidney Disease Patient

The second day, Mike asked me why I did not have supper yesterday. 'Lots of work made me too tired', it is the first time I lied to my husband.
'You are too busy. You can ask a leave today. Did you say that you have low back pain? Have a good sleep for one day', said Mike.
'OK'
As soon as he walked out of home, I got up quickly and turn on my computer to search the information about Polycystic Kidney Disease, which was printed on my check-up report. 'What symptoms of Polycystic Kidney Disease', 'what causes Polycystic Kidney Disease', 'what you can not do is……' and 'what you can do is……' came to my sight. When I felt a little tired, I went to bed, watching ceiling and did not want to close my eyes. What happened past came to my mind one by one. How happy I was and how healthy I was, which made me to live in the past and did not want to go ahead. 'What should I do?' and 'what will Mike react?' repeated to my mind.
I did not get the answers, and my tears kept running all day. I could not accept the reality. With one-day painful thought, I could not wait for Mike any more. Took on my coat without combing hair and got on a taxi on the way to his company……
At the moment I arrived at the office lobby, I saw him walking out of elevator. And I wept at the sight of him. He was obviously confused, however I could hardly say a word……

No comments:

Post a Comment